Pumpkin pie is a traditional food that is served during special occasions while having dinner. This traditional dish is full of aromatic spices namely, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. Pumpkin pie is so delicious that it is loved by everybody.
This pie is traditionally served along with whipped cream on top a perfect homemade whipped cream adds on to the richness of the pie and makes its taste even better.
Whipped cream is extremely easy to make and goes on extremely well with the pie. Although it takes up some extra time from you, it is worth preparing as it tastes awesome.
Let us now see how we could make a traditional pumpkin pie at home very easily.
· Pumpkin- 2 cups (you can use a puree or canned pumpkins)
· Eggs: 2-3
· Pure vanilla extract- 1 small teaspoon
· Brown Sugar- ¾ cups
· Cinnamon powder- 1 small teaspoon
· Ground Ginger- ¾ teaspoons
· Ground Nutmeg- ½ a teaspoon
· Ground Clove- 1/4th of a teaspoon
· One round pie crust of 9 inches
For whipped Cream:
· Heavy Cream- 1 cup
· Sugar- ¼ cup
· Vanilla Essence- 1 small teaspoon
Method for Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Into the 9 inch round crust plate, you have to place the dough of the pie crust. Then carefully trim the edges of the crust so that they are only extended to about an inch or half on the rim of the plate. After this, carefully fold the edges on the underside and press gently to seal them. Freeze this set up for around 15 minutes, until the thing becomes hard and firm.
3. Now, cut out a large piece of parchment so that it perfectly fits into the shell of the pie and extends above the edges. Fill up this shell with dried beans or pie weights.
4. Bake this pie shell for about 15 minutes at 350 degree Fahrenheit temperature. After baking, carefully remove the weights as well as the parchment and now bake it again for another 10 to 15 minutes until the crust turns a beautiful golden brown color. Cool this crust placing it on a wire rack.
5. Come to pumpkins now. Place these beautiful pumpkins in a large sized bowl.
6. In another bowl beat the eggs until they become smooth. Then beat the half and half, and add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, some salt and all the spices. Blend this mixture so that it forms a very smooth texture. Add the pumpkins to the mixture and mix well.
7. Pour the smooth filling to the shell that you’ve prepared earlier. Make sure it covers 1/4th of the shell. Place these set up in the rack of the oven and bake them for 30-40 minutes. Keep checking for the filling to become completely firm. Bake for some more time if needed.
8. Take the pie out after it is cooked and cool it by placing on the racks.
Whipped cream Preparation method:
1. In a mixer pour the entire heavy cream and blend it well so that it forms a partial smooth texture.
2. Pour in the sugar and the vanilla essence and blend it thoroughly until the mixture forms a very smooth and heavy texture.
3. Cut out the pie cakes in equal sizes. Pour the cream on top of each cake to make them look good. Serve chilled.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
Now you know how to cook a delicious pie for any special occasions. Surprise your friends and relatives by making this delicious flavored pie any time at home.