Indian automobile market would be welcoming a range of new vehicles this year as well as the next. Several companies are planning to refresh the already existing models, while others are offering all-new models. Here are some vehicles waiting to be launched in India in 2015 and 2016:
1. Honda Jazz: Ready to be launched in July this year, Jazz comes for the price or Rs 5.8-9 lakh. The car is powered by either 1.2 liter petrol or i-DTEC 1.5 liter diesel engine. The car has a length of 3,955 mm. It is 1,695 mm wide and stands 1,525 mm high.
2. Maruti Suzuki S-Cross: It comes with all-wheel drive and the ground clearance has been made higher. Thanks to the AWD system, it would have a good off-road capability. Priced between Rs 12-14 lakh, it would be offered with 1.6-liter unit – both petrol and diesel available. The front fascia of the car has a black three piece grille. Another attractive feature is daytime LEDs for the headlights. Overall, the features have been made sharper and the taillamps get a fresh look.
3. Tata Nano Twist Active: Tata’s little car is ready to get its first facelift. The company hopes to boost the sales of the supermini with this modification. The car would borrow AMT automatic gearbox from Zest. The petrol engine is 600 cc and the AMT would be offered as optional. The estimated price is Rs 2.5 lakh and it would hit the showrooms this April. The new Nano gets fresh looking bumper as well as rear spoiler. Smoked headlamps and honeycomb grille can be seen in the front.
4. Ford Figo Aspired: This one would be launched in the beginning of 2015 itself. It can be had for Rs 5-8 lakh. The design cues have been borrowed from the Figo concept that the company displayed in 2014 Delhi Auto Expo. It is based on Ford Ka+ and the engine (1.5-liter diesel), styling for the front and interior would be would be same as Figo Hatchback.
5. Renault Small Car: It goes by the code name of XBA and borrows styling cues from Datsun Redi-GO. The car makers claim that Small Car would be blessed with unique design and would be an exciting package. It would run on 800 cc petrol engine. It can be had for less than Rs 4 lakh and would be launched in the middle of this year.
6. Hyundai Creta: It would reach the showrooms in 21st July . The cost is estimated to be Rs 10 lakh and it would come in petrol as well as diesel versions, both 1.6-liter. Hyundai would be entering the compact SUV segment with this launch. The ascending window line, wraparound design for tail lamps and sharp headlamps- all make this car an appealing one. Chinese version has additional features like LED daytime running lights and projector headlamps.
7. Mahindra Bolero: The sub 4 meter compact car is ready to be launched in the second half of this year. Armed with 1.5-liter diesel engine, it is based on hydroformed chassis similar to the new Scorpio. It will have the practical Bolero design cues and the center console would get touchscreen display. It is priced between Rs 6-8 lakh.
8. Mahindra S101: The car makers would launch this one too in the second half of 2015. The interior and the exterior would boast a modern look, just right for the urban customers. The engine, 1.5-liter diesel, could be similar to the one on New Bolero. Mahindra S101 is priced between Rs 6 lakh to 8 lakh.
9. Chevrolet Trialblazer: It would be an October launch. Available for a price between Rs 25-30 lakh, it comes with 2.5-liter diesel engine that churns out 150 bhp. Another option is the 2.8-liter diesel unit that gives 80 bhp. The front has appealing pulled back headlamps. Split grille and daytime running lights are yet more features. The company has selected very wide wheel arches for both the front and rear.
10. Maruti Celerio Diesel: This model would have the smallest diesel engine to be ever seen in passenger vehicle in the country. The 800 cc motor would deliver 38 bhp and the car is equipped with two-cylinder engine. Though the power output is not much, the torque would be sufficiently high for driving in city. The most prominent feature would be the fuel economy of approximately 30 kmpl. The price is expected to be Rs 4-5 lakh and it would be launched by end of this year. In terms of looks, it is similar to the petrol/CNG versions, save for the badges.
11. Honda Accord: Honda would launch Accord by the end of this year. The grand price would be in the range of Rs 25 lakh to Rs 30 lakh. The car makers offer two choices for the engine- petrol and hybrid, both 2.4-liter. Later, the car may come with a 1.6-liter diesel unit too. Buyers can select from CVT or manual transmission.
12. Maruti Suzuki YRA Hatchback: It would hit the showrooms at the end of this year and would come at a price of Rs 6 lakh to 8 lakh. YRA Hatchback comes with two options for the engine- turbocharged 1.0- liter petrol and Multijet 1.3-liter diesel. It would be about 90 kg lighter and roomier when compared to Swift. The car would come with several safety features. It would offer facilities like Dounle-DIN audio system, cruise control, keyless entry and push-button with start/stop.
13. Honda Civic: This is another one to be launched in the end of this year. It comes with 1.8-liter and 1.5-liter petrol and diesel engines respectively. The estimated price is Rs 13 lakh to Rs 15 lakh. Civic landed into trouble because of its poor fuel economy and also because it didn’t offer diesel motor. The car makers are hence expected to improve upon these two features in particular and the car is ready to go into production.
14. Maruti Suzuki iV-4 Compact SUV: Yet another one to be launched at the end of 2015, this one is expected by Diwali. It borrows styling from iV-4 concept, but it would also have design similar to the iM-4 Concept that was showcased at Geneva Motor Show recently. The engines are 1.2-liter petrol and Multijet 1.3-liter diesel. The price tag would be somewhere between Rs 7 lakh to 10 lakh.
15. Ford Figo: It has kept buyers waiting since it was unveiled in 2014 Auto Expo in Delhi. Expected to hit the roads at the end of this year, its price would be somewhere between Rs 4.5 lakh and 6.5 lakh. It runs on 1.5-liter diesel unit and is based on the concept of Figo and Ka hatchback shown in 2014. It would boast a mileage of 20.0 kmpl and the 1399 cc engine produces 68.05 bhp.
16. Next Gen Ford Endeavour: Another vehicle worth waiting for till end of 2015, this one comes with stunningly muscular looks. Automatic transmission would be optional and four-wheel drive would also be offered. It comes with two choices for diesel engine- 2.2- and 3.0-liter. It had be had for a grand price of Rs 25-30 lakh.
17. Chevrolet Spin: This one too is in for end 2015 launch. The price is expected to be in the range of Rs 7-10 lakh. Options for the engine would be 1.2-liter petrol and Multijet 1.3-liter diesel engine. The seven-seater has a length of 4,360 mm. Its wheelbase is 2,620 mm, with the height and width being 1,683 mm and 1,735 mm respectively.
18. Tata Kite Hatchback: It has already been spotted testing in India. Tata would launch Kite Hatchback with two engine options – 1.2-liter petrol and 1.05-liter diesel engine. Its price is expected to lie in the range Rs 3 lakh to Rs 5 lakh and it would hit the showrooms in the beginning of 2016. It has been spied testing and it would probably get the signature grille of Tata.
19. Next Gen Toyota Fortuner: Fortuner is to become yet more popular with this next gen model that will be launched early next year. It can be had for approximately Rs 25-30 lakh. The spy shots reveal that the car would flaunt even more aggressive looks, be more spacious and would cut down on kilos. It comes with all-wheel drive and has the options of manual and automatic transmission. Though some leaked photos reveal the car’s looks, there is no information as yet about what the company might offer in the powertrain.
20. Next Gen Toyota Innova: The famous MPV would be sold with fresh looks in early 2016. The company hasn’t let out any details on this one, but it is expected that the famous Innova would be made bigger and have boast attractive styling. It comes at the hefty price of Rs 13-16 lakh. The headlight clusters get LED daytime running lights. The rake of windshield is now smoother and the car therefore appears to be shorter in height than the present Innova. The windows in the last row have been given a V–shaped design.
21. Tata Kite Sedan: It shares the interior and the front fascia with Kite Hatchback. The rear might be similar to Zest sedan. The engine options would be 1.2 liter petrol and 1.05 liter diesel. Kite Sedan would come with the price tag of Rs 4-6 lakh and would be launched in the beginning of next year. The car has been given a new dash accompanied by rectangular air vents.
22. Honda Brio Based Compact SUV: Expected to hit the showrooms next year, this is a Brio platform based car. It is possible that is borrows transmission and engine from Amaze Sedan and some components as well to keep the cost at bay. The price has been estimated to be Rs 7-10 lakh. The engine options are 1.2-liter and 1.5-liter in petrol and diesel respectively.
23. Tata Nexon Compact SUV: This is another one to be launched in 2016. It is likely to borrow design cues from Zest and Bolt. It could borrow transmission and engine, like AMT, from Zest sedan. It would run on 1.5-liter diesel engine and would be between Rs 7 lakh to 10 lakh.
24. Renault Compact SUV: Customers would have to wait till next year for this SUV that would be slotted below Duster. It is possible that it is based on Duster and the bodyshell would be borrowed from Captur. It will be sold with two types of engines- 1.2-liter petrol and 1.5-liter diesel. The prices range is Rs 7-10 lakh.
25. Fiat X3U: The compact SUV can be had for Rs 7 to Rs 10 lakh. It comes with JTD 1.5-liter engine. Fiat is working on this model to make it a strong contender, as this particular segment would have a lot of models in the upcoming years. Though any details haven’t been revealed, X3U may be based on Fiat 500X and would be launched in 2016.