Black forest cake is a typical cake which has many layers of cake with whipped cream and delicious fillings in each layer. The best part of black forest cake is the additional toppings on its top consisting of delicious cream and beautiful cherries. Certain cakes also contain cherries in between the layers of the cake as well. It is a treat to look as well as to devour with all the mouth watering chocolate shavings placed on top of it. The cake is extremely soft owing to certain liquor like rum or Kirschwasser that is added to it sometimes. However, a home-made black forest cake is simple to prepare and delicious to eat. Let us now see how to bake a simple black forest cake.
· All purpose flour- 1 cup
· White sugar- 2 cups
· Cocoa powder (unsweetened)- ¾ cups
· Baking powder- ½ a teaspoon
· Baking soda- 3/4th of a teaspoon
· Salt- 3/4th of a teaspoon
· Eggs- 3
· Milk -1 cup
· Vanilla extract- 1 tablespoon
· Sour cherries- as many as you require
· Heavy whipped cream- 3 cups
· Confectioner’s sugar- 1/3rd of a cup
Method of preparation:
1. First and foremost, preheat your oven to about 350 degree centigrade. Take two cake pans and grease them with flour and butter, and cover the bottoms using wax paper.
2. Take a large bowl and beat the eggs well. Then to this add all the ingredients one by one (except the whipped cream and cherries) and blend to a nice smooth batter.
3. Pour this batter into the pans and bake it of 35 minutes in the oven. Take it out and cool them.
4. After cooling take the whipped cream and the cherries and apply them evenly on the layers of the cake.
5. Decorate the cake with additional whipped cream and cherries in the way you want.
Preparation time: 40 minutes