In today’s time where there are lots of stress and work pressure it is important for the individual to make sure they take proper food and most importantly the green vegetables which will help them to overcome all problems and ensure good health. Antioxidants as you know are vitamin substances that can help prevent the effects of free radical damage in the body. In other words, antioxidants can neutralize the process of oxidation and cellular damage which contributes to aging and disease, which is the most effective thing these days.
- Spinach is a green leafy bunch which is one of the top sources of the antioxidant lutein, which helps protect your eyes. It is amongst the world’s healthiest foods, rich in beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
- Cantaloupe is a bright orange color of this melon comes from the antioxidant beta-carotene. It is a rich source of antioxidants like Beta carotene, vitamin C, zeaxanthin. It is good for the eyes and keeps the body fit and active.
- Green tea contains high amount of catechin polyphenols. These minerals or nutrients work in the body with other chemicals to heighten levels of fat oxidation and thermogenesis, a process of burning fat in the body.
- Garlic is another source which is rich in antioxidants and used as a natural antibiotic to kill off some strains of harmful bacteria. It contains vitamins A, B and C, selenium, iodine, potassium, iron, calcium, zinc and magnesium.
- Tomatoes are also rich source of an antioxidant called lycopene, which is more potent in cooked or processed tomatoes. For that reason it is good to have tomato jam or sauce which helps in providing the nutrients.
- Kale is another item which is rich in antioxidant lutein gives this stone fruit its beautiful hue. Lutein helps keep your heart, skin and eyes healthy.